The Push For Better Lyrics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Similar topics
    Latest topics
    » Linqer Activation Code 4
    Vulgar Language EmptyWed Feb 19, 2014 12:03 pm by yovelnan

» Tamil Language Course, Tamil Language, Learn Tamil In India Mht
    Vulgar Language EmptyWed Feb 19, 2014 8:03 am by yovelnan

» Business Man
    Vulgar Language EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 7:59 pm by yovelnan

» Stronghold Crusader
    Vulgar Language EmptySun Feb 16, 2014 9:51 am by yovelnan

» Weekly Review of Top Songs
    Vulgar Language EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 7:52 am by Admin

» Bands with "better" lyrics
    Vulgar Language EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 11:11 am by Cory

» Website Improvements
    Vulgar Language EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 7:41 am by Admin

» Christian Based Bands
    Vulgar Language EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 12:08 pm by Cory

» Lady Gaga
    Vulgar Language EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 12:01 pm by Cory

Navigation
     Portal
     Index
     Memberlist
     FAQ
     Search
    Affiliates
    free forum

Vulgar Language

4 posters

Go down

Vulgar Language Empty Vulgar Language

Post by Admin Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:54 am

Vulgar language used to be hard to find in songs. But now and days its a pretty common thing. How did we let our guards down so much to allow this. A few steps to take:

1. Go through your music library and erase all songs with vulgar language.
    2. Don't buy songs with vulgar language. If you see a warning of any kind on a C.D. theres most likely things you don't need to hear on the C.D.
    3. Don't listen to songs with vulgar language. Yes we know the songs that have it in there cause we've heard them before. If your listening to your radio and a bad song comes on. TURN IT TO ANOTHER STATION. Not that hard.

I challenge you to do these things as well as I challenge myself. If theres one way to start a movement for better lyrics.. BOYCOTT THE BAD ONES!

Post up here to discuss your thoughts on this topic.

Admin
    Admin

https://pushforbetterlyrics.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Vulgar Language Empty I want to hold your hand.

Post by krussell1 Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:32 pm

I went through my iTunes the other day and tried to delete every song I could remember that had vulgar language or suggestive lyrics. I know I missed some and hopefully I catch them soon. I know that today people's excuse for listening to music like that is that the melody is catchy and they aren't actually listening to the words. But it's impossible to listen to a song over and over and not eventually pick up the general meaning of the song. For every bad song out there, there are at least 5 clean, good songs.
    It's sad that we've come from the Beatle's just wanting to hold your hand to today's music wanting so much more. (Yes, I stole that from a movie quote...but I put it in a better, cleaner reference than the movie it was in lol)

krussell1

Back to top Go down

Vulgar Language Empty Re: Vulgar Language

Post by Russell Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:29 pm

Just to prove how bad things have gotten. I was on itunes the other day and the number one song was "F.....ing perfect" by Pink. This is horrible. So many people get it and all it is is trash.

Russell
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Vulgar Language Empty F***ing Perfect

Post by Namro25` Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:52 pm

wall of text!
    Words of a song have a great impact on what the song means, and i completely agree that some songs have language just to have language, but listen to the lyrics of Perfect.

"Made a wrong turn, once or twice.
    Dug my way out, blood and fire.
    Bad decisions, that's alright.
    Welcome to my silly life.
    Mistreated, misplaced, misunderstood.
    Miss 'No way, it's all good', it didn't slow me down.
    Mistaken, always second guessing, underestimated.
    Look i'm still around."

the point of the song is not the cuss word. the song is pointing for young people everywhere to never ever feel down just because of what other people say. "Pretty pretty please, dont you ever ever feel, like your less that, perfect". The message, no matter how it is broadcast, needs to get to people.

sure, there are thousands of other songs that say the same message without any expletives or anything like that in them, but those songs get shelved to a different genre. a genre that, honestly, gets listened to less and less, so the fact that a song with a message this powerful is being broadcast on 'popular' radio stations to me is a blessing.

some people would never listen to the music that would tell them that, and Pink's song gives them a positive something to listen too.

Namro25`

Back to top Go down

Post by Russell Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:04 pm

I understand what your saying.

19.) F**kin’ Perfect by P!nk Repeats the f word 7 times. FAIL

notice it was given a fail for the vulgar language not the meaning. Yes i do realize i said "all it is is trash" i just wish the song could be song with the same meaning without the vulgar words...
    The meaning your pointing out reminds me of a Bible verse that talks about shaking the dust of your sandals and going on. Get Pink reference material like the Bible( in a good way, unlike Lady Gaga) and the song would be great.

Speaking of the genre of music that is being "shelved" thats what this websites all about. Lets shelve the bad stuff. And dust off the music that actually was clean that has since dwindled.

I challenge a modern day rock artist to create a piece of music that is so complex, moving, and has meaning even with out words like a Mozart of Beethoven piece. If someone can do that its talent.. About the closest ive seen is maybe so cool stuff from Owl City because of all the layers and rhythms the guy uses to write his songs.

Russell
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Namro25` Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:14 pm

But you cant just pick up the good stuff. not everyone will listen to what is "good" to you, or me, or anyone else. there's a saying that goes "if what is true for you is truth for you, and whats true for me is truth for me, what if my truth says yours is a lie?"

The meaning of the song is more important than how it gets presented in my opinion, and to an extent.

Namro25`

Back to top Go down

Post by Russell Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:36 pm

to what extent then?.. what I wish to be kept in mind here is what is going in our ears... but not only that but what also is coming out of our own mouths.

Colossians 3:8 (NKJV) says But now you yourselves are to put off all these: anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy language out of your mouth.

The underlying "truth" here is we are commanded in the Bible not to use filthy language. This truth trumps an other beliefs established by man. The Bible is God inspired. Mans ideas are that of his own. So it comes down to... Do you think artist should follow the guidelines set forth in the Bible... or they are exempt and our society continues to believe what they are doing is ok.

Russell
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Namro25` Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:47 pm

never said they were exempt, and i agree with the point of cleaning up language.

my point is, that while a perfect world would have no lewd language, we live far from a perfect world. there are people who will not listen to a song unless it is done by certain artists or recommended by them. and even then, they could be so used to listening to a certain style or language that if those words are not there then they wont listen to what is said.

who is supposed to set or enforce the standards? i certainly couldn't do either, and the fact that the discussion could be had about the music is as much a right of free speech as being able to write down whatever someone wants in a song.
    where do we draw the line on what we want to control? thoughts? because if its thoughts i should be eliminated, along with every other person alive. the gift of free will was given so that we would voluntarily embrace whatever we want. everyone is looking for a way to fill a gap in their heart.

that being said, i would love for music to change, but i do not see it happening. Music has to be exponentially diverse, and it will continue to be. there is no way that everyone can enjoy a type of music, and if we try to limit what music is out there, we lose a contact point for anyone who only listens to that genre

Namro25`

Back to top Go down

Post by Namro25` Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:48 pm

Your free choice is to control what you allow into your mind. if you dont like it, dont listen to it

Namro25`

Back to top Go down

Post by Kindreddrumr Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:33 pm

I guess I've always asked why vulgar language is added to a song. Is it poetic liscense? Is it there to drive a point home? Is it just filler because the writer couldn't think of anything else to put? Either way, it just isn't necessary. I think that's what Russell is trying to say. I've heard tons of great songs that I can't download because 1. I don't need to hear that language and 2. I wouldn't want anyone else to. Why should I have to turn the volume down, stop singing certain parts, or yell when a bad part is coming up in a song?

And I guess I disagree that we "can't just pick up the good stuff." What if we all just picked up the good stuff? More artists would write good stuff. Recently an article came out where the writer saaid "sex only sells because people buy it." Same way with vulgarity in music. It only sells because people buy it. Now, a song about getting out of depression and making it out of hard times is great. Those songs are sometimes dark, but they can encourage. But nothing warrents the use of bad language.

Personally, I think we've just gotten to the point where we don't care. We don't care what's in our music as long as it makes us feel good. I'm glad to see some people finally care and try to do something about it.

Kindreddrumr

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down