The Push For Better Lyrics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Similar topics
    Latest topics
    » Linqer Activation Code 4
       Songs     EmptyWed Feb 19, 2014 12:03 pm by yovelnan

» Tamil Language Course, Tamil Language, Learn Tamil In India Mht
       Songs     EmptyWed Feb 19, 2014 8:03 am by yovelnan

» Business Man
       Songs     EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 7:59 pm by yovelnan

» Stronghold Crusader
       Songs     EmptySun Feb 16, 2014 9:51 am by yovelnan

» Weekly Review of Top Songs
       Songs     EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 7:52 am by Admin

» Bands with "better" lyrics
       Songs     EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 11:11 am by Cory

» Website Improvements
       Songs     EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 7:41 am by Admin

» Christian Based Bands
       Songs     EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 12:08 pm by Cory

» Lady Gaga
       Songs     EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 12:01 pm by Cory

Navigation
     Portal
     Index
     Memberlist
     FAQ
     Search
    Affiliates
    free forum

Songs

Go down

Songs     Empty Songs

Post by Namro25` Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:10 pm

Words of a song have a great impact on what the song means, and i completely agree that some songs have language just to have language, but listen to the lyrics of Perfect.

"Made a wrong turn, once or twice.
    Dug my way out, blood and fire.
    Bad decisions, that's alright.
    Welcome to my silly life.
    Mistreated, misplaced, misunderstood.
    Miss 'No way, it's all good', it didn't slow me down.
    Mistaken, always second guessing, underestimated.
    Look i'm still around."

the point of the song is not the cuss word. the song is pointing for young people everywhere to never ever feel down just because of what other people say. "Pretty pretty please, dont you ever ever feel, like your less that, perfect". The message, no matter how it is broadcast, needs to get to people.

sure, there are thousands of other songs that say the same message without any expletives or anything like that in them, but those songs get shelved to a different genre. a genre that, honestly, gets listened to less and less, so the fact that a song with a message this powerful is being broadcast on 'popular' radio stations to me is a blessing.

some people would never listen to the music that would tell them that, and Pink's song gives them a positive something to listen too.

This being said, YES music could do with less cursing, but the fact that one type of music cannot appeal to all people means that some music will not go well with what some people think. Looking at the Lyrics does not do the Artist justice. I.E. Pink was very outspoken for her song, and stated that the point was to tell teenagers that they aren't just a waste of space. they are here for a reason.

Besides this point, music is poetry, and poetry is each Poet's (or artist's in musical sense) outlet for everything that is happening to them in life. whether they be positive or negative. Hard times fall on us all, and if these artists create a song to let out their stress and anxiety who are we to tell them they shouldn't use certain words?

my last point
    in 1 Corinthians 8 verses 8-13 Paul says that "But food will not commend us to God; we are neither the worse if we do not eat, nor the better if we do eat. But take care that this liberty of yours does not somehow become a stumbling block to the weak. For if someone sees you, who have knowledge, dining in an idol's temple, will not his conscience, if he is weak, be strengthened to eat things sacrificed to idols? For through your knowledge he who is weak is ruined, the brother for whose sake Christ died. And so, by sinning against the brethren and wounding their conscience when it is weak, you sin against Christ. Therefore, if food causes my brother to stumble, I will never eat meat again, so that I will not cause my brother to stumble."

In the Church at Corinth many of the believers would persecute others of the faith for eating the things that had been offered as sacrifices to idols. the people who were eating the meat, however, so nothing wrong with it. Paul is saying in this passage that if its not a sin for them, then its not a sin. but they should, as brothers in Faith, respect their brethren to not eat that in front of the ones who do think it is wrong. If it is not a sin to the people singing the songs, then it isnt. and since we control what we listen too, then by all means get rid of any of the music that you find vulgar language in, but don't go around bashing the artists who do put that language in what they sing, because to them, it may not be vulgar at all. Look at the message of the song first, but even then, if the song isn't something you like, dont listen to it.

just my thoughts, any comments/questions e-mail me at Williamorman@Gmail.com just put the topic as Music or Songs

Namro25`

Back to top Go down

Songs     Empty Re: Songs

Post by Russell Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:04 am

"and if these artists create a song to let out their stress and anxiety who are we to tell them they shouldn't use certain words? "

Its not "us" that tell them to not use these certain words. Its commanded in the Bible

Russell
    Admin

Back to top Go down